Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra. Levantine Style oven baked fish with red chili flakes and vegetable garnish. A popular recipe passed down to me from my mother, the greatest cook of all. 'Samke Harra' or Lebanese Spicy Tahini Fish is a Popular Dish From the Port City of Tripoli El-Mina, in Lebanon. This is a specialty dish where a lightly lemon-marinated fish is baked, then covered with a Today his place is called "Malak El Samkeh Harrah" which means the King of Spicy Fish and I.
Tripoli is a coastal city in North Lebanon, famous for its sweets and old traditional Baked Fish with Tahini Sauce, Parsley and Toasted Pine Nuts: a light and healthy Middle Eastern seafood dish. Works well with any mild white. Serve scattered with remaining capsicum on a bed of parsley leaves with lemon slices, Lebanese bread and rice. Food preparation Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra is a fun point, additionally it comes to be more unique worth if you prepare it on your own. By utilizing the complying with 14 components, you can begin cooking 8 actions. observe the complying with section for you to start cooking instantly.
Ingredients of Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra
- It’s of Hamour fish, cleaned.
- It’s of tomatoes, cut in round slices.
- It’s of green peppers, cut in rounds.
- You need of onions, cut in round slices.
- You need of lemons, peeled and cut in round slices.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- It’s of For the stuffing:.
- It’s of fresh coriander, chopped.
- Prepare of green hot peppers, cut in halves with seeds removed.
- Prepare of red hot pepper, cut in half with seeds removed.
- It’s of garlic, peeled.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- You need of black pepper.
- It’s of salt.
There are lots of baked fish recipes out there, but this oven-fried version is hands-down our favorite. It would also taste great served on a bun with tartar sauce and a slice. Samkeh Harra is made of baked fish, a spicy tahini sauce and other spices and ingredients and can be eaten as a sandwich, or served in plates. Mom used to make it on special occasions when we had people over for dinner so it was a treat for us… We've tried eating Samkeh Harrah out in different.
Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra step by step
- Pre-heat the oven on high heat..
- To prepare the stuffing: put all the ingredients together in a food processor and blend until you obtain a homogeneous mixture..
- Using a knife, make 3 cuts on both sides of the fish. Fill in the cuts with the stuffing. With the remaining stuffing, rub the whole fish..
- In an oven tray, pour the vegetable oil and place the fish..
- Put the tray in the oven and bake the fish for 20 min. Remove the tray from the oven, spread the tomato, pepper, onion and lemon slices over the fish randomly..
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and put it back in the oven for about 1 hr until it is well cooked..
- Place the fish in a serving dish and decorate it with the grilled sliced vegetables..
- Serve hot with pita bread..
Pour the sauce over the fish dabbing it with a spatula, leaving the head intact. Garnish with parsley or cilantro leaves, pomegranate seeds, toasted pine nuts or walnuts and an olive to modestly cover the eye of the fish. The book has the Beirut style of samkeh harra. The fish is fried instead of baked. Samke Harra is one awsome dish, Basically it is baked whole fish (sometimes lighlty fried first), stuffed with a There are two versions of Samkeh Harra which are equally nice.