Foxtail Millet Pongal. Thinai pongal is a pongal made using Thinai (Foxtail Millet) instead of conventional rice. How to prepare Foxtail Millet Sweet Pongal- Tinai Chakkarai Pongal. Tasty Pongal enriched with the goodness of Thinai.
This pongal can be prepared using any siridhanya or millets. Learn tasty and healthy siridhanya recipes. Being gluten free and diabetic friendly the use of foxtail millet in this kara pongal recipe makes it a filling meal. Cooking Foxtail Millet Pongal is an enjoyable point, additionally it ends up being extra unique worth if you cook it on your own. By utilizing the adhering to 14 ingredients, you can start cooking 3 actions. observe the complying with area for you to start cooking immediately.
Composition of Foxtail Millet Pongal
- Need 3/4 cup foxtail millet.
- Need 1/4 cup for roasted moong dal.
- It’s 2 tbsp. for oil.
- It’s 1 tsp. – mustard seeds.
- Need 1 sprig – curry leaves.
- Give 1 tsp. – urad dal.
- Give 1 for dry red chilli.
- You need 1-2 green chilli, slit.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ginger, grated.
- Give 1/2 tsp. of whole peppercorns.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp. roasted cashew nuts.
- Provide to taste salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp. ghee.
- Give 1 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped.
Try out this simple one pot version. Thinai Pongal , Healthy foxtail millet Pongal Recipe. Foxtail millet is one of the oldest millet to have been recorded since the sangam period. Pongal is a very popular South Indian Breakfast recipe, that is typically made using Rice and Dal (lentil).
Foxtail Millet Pongal instructions
- Soak the foxtail millet and moong dal for 2-3 hours. Pressure cook with 3 1/2 cups water and salt to taste for 4-5 whistles. Keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with mustard seeds & red chilli. After it stops spluttering, add the curry leaves, green chilies, peppercorns, ginger, urad dal and roasted cashews..
- Saute for a few seconds and pour this tempering over the boiled millet-dal mix. Drizzle some ghee over it and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with coconut chutney & sambar..
How to Make Quinoa Foxtail Millet Pongal in Instant Pot-. Rinse the quinoa, millet, and moong dal together for atleast three times. I make it quite often too. This thinai pongal is like all millets healthy, gluten-free, vegan and the best part it's very difficult to make out the Foxtail millet also known as Thinai in Tamil, Kangni in Hindi/Punjabi, Korra in Telugu. Today's recipes is a healthy, filling and delicious recipe, Thinai Pongal/Millet Pongal a savory version.